Title: National Greyhound Homing Centre – Team Leader (live in option)
In 1975, a small group of greyhound lovers formed the Greyhound Trust to help secure a bright future for Britain's retired racing greyhounds. In the early days, the Trust found just a few hundred homes a year through a limited branch network. We've come a long way over the last 40 years, and now help over 3,500 greyhounds a year through our volunteer-led branches. The National Greyhound Homing Centre is the next chapter of our journey, a Centre that will not only find homes for retired racing greyhounds, but also focus on supporting our 50 plus volunteer led branches across the country. Designed and built specifically with greyhounds in mind, this is a first in the greyhound homing sector. Every design detail is focused on how we can transition retired racing greyhounds from animal athletes, into much loved family pets. This is an incredibly exciting venture and we need a team of enthusiastic and driven greyhound lovers to help the Centre flourish and fly.
The Greyhound Trust is offering a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our National Greyhound Homing Centre. We are looking for an experienced Team Leader to manage, develop, and engage a team of staff, volunteers and fosterers. You will oversee all aspects of the team’s day-to-day management and workload allocation; as well as actively contributing towards the transition and homing of the greyhounds in our care. You will enjoy a varied and challenging work environment with the support of a vibrant team of people and four-legged friends.
- You will be passionate about animal welfare and dedicated to delivering excellent customer care, focused on matching our greyhounds to their new forever home.
- You will have experience leading a team of people and encouraging them to recognise and reach their full potential
- You will be naturally curious, thrive on learning new skills and bringing new ideas into the teams to explore
- You will be an ambassador of maintaining a culture of innovation, teamwork and self-improvement
This is a full time 40 hour contract including every other weekend and bank holiday working. Due to the nature of the work of Greyhound Trust and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the workload demands. You will need to a hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Salary Range : £19,000 - £21,000
This role comes with the option of living-in, in a brand new studio apartment located on site.
To apply for this role, please submit your C.V. and a cover letter; detailing any skills, knowledge and experience you have, that may be relevant to the role to the Centre Manager – email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is end of play Sunday 20th June.
The main function of the Team Leader is to provide support and leadership to a team of staff, volunteers and fosterers at the National Greyhound Centre and to assist the Centre Manager with ensuring a smooth and efficient transition for Greyhounds into their forever home.
- To proactively support the Centre Manager with all homing activities, with focus on promoting greyhounds, matching and homing promptly and in line with Greyhound Trust policy and procedures
- To manage, provide leadership and support to a team of staff, volunteers and fosterers through regular catch ups, annual appraisals and training
- To ensure all greyhounds are cared for to an exceptionally high standard, always ensuring they are provided with clean accommodation, regularly health checked and socialised in accordance to Greyhound Trust guidelines
Detailed (non-exhaustive) example of responsibilities:
- Assist the manager in delivering training, advice and support to centre staff, volunteers and fosterers where necessary, on all centre activity, drawing from expert knowledge and additional resources available in the relevant departments, ensuring that the National Homing Centre is fully skilled to comply with Greyhound Trust requirements.
- To assist with all fundraising activity and events on behalf of the National Homing Centre
- Assist the Centre Manager with the creation, recruitment and development of the National Greyhound Centre team. Furthermore, playing an active role in the team’s performance management, development and training; dealing with personnel issues when they arise.
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer engagement is always delivered by yourself, staff, volunteers and fosterers at all times.
- To positively maintain and promote good relationships within Greyhound Trust, across all other departments and within the branch homing network.
- Ensure the site, facilities and equipment is managed to ensure a high standard of maintenance and presentation.
- Ensure full GDPR requirements are always met and delivered across centre activity.
- Always assist the Centre Manager to adhere to statutory and Greyhound Trust Health & Safety rules and ensure the safety of all persons and greyhounds on site This post and its role requirement will develop with the needs of the charity and should not be seen as an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Additional tasks may be reasonably requested by your Line Manager and Senior colleagues